Farnhamville Public Library
November 9, 2016
Board of Trustee's Meeting
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Cheryl, Jessica, Lori, Karilyn, and Kris
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved (Karilyn/Jessica)
Checking: $ Enrich Iowa: $5.00
• Flu shots were held on October 14th and 8 people came in to get shots.
• Jacquie Marietta, Iowa Senior Medicare Patrol Coordinator for West Central Iowa came to our library to inform seniors about Medicare and identity fraud Monday, October 17th. Only one person attended. In the future we plan to put all events on the Web-Cal TV events station.
• We received our county check in the amount of $3,781.84. This check came about a month late!
• Kris weeded 18 adult books and 20 children's books.
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 8 Adult Books:
Teen Books: 1 Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 2 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: 2 Audio CDs:
DVDs/Blu-ray: 5 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 74
Teen Books: 7
Juvenile Books: 16
Children’s Books: 18
Audio CDs: 4
Digital Editions: 30
Circulation Total: 213
Petty Cash $12.64 Copy Money $3.20
Bills: Lori signed the bills.
Building – Kris -
Budget – Karilyn – need to be watching the budget amounts
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
Dehumidifier: Karilyn said that they said "no" for right now perhaps they will find money in the budget later.
Side Door: "It's being looked at."
• Christmas Coffee - December 17th. Kris will ask Book Buddies for cookies for the party.
• Grant writing workshop on November 17th in Rockwell City Library at 6:30. Barb Gregg said we should continue to apply for grants so the money can be given out. In the future we may use it for Summer Reading Program or Side Door Repair.
• Board Replacement - It must be a rural patron. For consideration - Robert Abbas or Shirley Wolf.
• Kris has been asked to have a field trip from PV Pre-K students. Discussion on having Kris go to Pre-K room for "library" time.
Next Meeting: Christmas meeting December 7th or 14th, 2016 at 6:00 P.M.