Farnhamville Public Library
January 4, 2017
Board of Trustee's Meeting
Call to Order: (January at Old Boston Restaurant and Pub)
Roll Call: Cheryl, Jessica, Lori, Karilyn, and Kris
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved
Checking: $ Enrich Iowa: $5.00
Librarian's Report: December
• We received our Open Access/InterLibrary Loan Reimbursement for FY2016 in the amount of $88.56.
• Kris received a call from the Prairie Valley Preschool teacher, Amanda Wirt. She wants to visit the library with her preschoolers in December. The date was set for December 6. Both groups will be coming and staying about an hour. Kris planned activities for them. Hopefully we can have a picture for the paper.
• The Prairie Valley Preschool children came to the library on the morning of December 8th. There were 30 children and 4 adults total. We sang and danced as we listened to a recording of the voice of author Eric Litwin reading his new book Groovy Joe: Ice Cream and Dinosaurs. We made Santa beards and took pictures of each class. We also read the book Santa's Stuck! Santa cookies were sent back with the teacher for the children to share during their snack time. Pictures of the children will appear in a forthcoming Gowrie News.
• December 17 was the Christmas Coffee. It was a very cold day. 7 people came for coffee.
• Rob Abbas has accepted our invitation to become a board member. Kris called Emily to be put on the agenda for the council meeting next week for them to vote to accept him as our rural trustee. He will begin on our February meeting.
Library Use Report: November
Adult Books: 9 Adult Books:
Teen Books: 1 Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: 2 Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 6 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: Audio CDs:
DVDs/Blu-ray: 5 DVDs/Blu-ray: 1
Adult Books: 70
Teen Books: 3
Juvenile Books: 25
Children’s Books: 49
Audio CDs: 9
Digital Editions: 48
Circulation Total: 308
Petty Cash: $ Copies: $16.60
Library Use Report: December
Adult Books: 16 Adult Books: 1
Teen Books: Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 4 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: Audio CDs:
DVDs/Blu-ray: 11 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 57
Juvenile Books: 30
Children’s Books: 54
Audio CDs: 2
Digital Editions: 3
Circulation Total: 236
Petty Cash: $13.02 Copies: $8.50
Bills: Karilyn signed the bills.
Building – Kris -
Budget – Karilyn – need to be watching the budget amounts
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
• Christmas Coffee: Few people were here. We should have a Mother's Day Coffee instead.
• Vote for Rob Abbas (Jessica/Lori - passed)
• Ideas for adult classes: Bird Houses - Canvas painting. (for next month)
Next Meeting: February 1, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.