Farnhamville Public Library
September 6 , 2017
Board of Trustee’s Meeting
Call to order:
Roll Call: All Present and Denise Thomas joined board tonight
Read and approve minutes
Checking: $12,026.27- (4553.95/MM & $4535.46/CD) = $2,936.86
Bingo deposit was $49.00
1. I finished my Library Management 1 class on August 8th.
2. The library’s Facebook Page has 12 followers so far.
3. I received an email from the State Library of Iowa (Scott Dermont) about out ILL Reimbursement. We had a total of 92 SILO transactions. It doesn’t tell the amount of reimbursement.
4. I have been entering old Trustee meeting minutes on the website. I have all of 2013 and 2014 in and I’m typing in 2012. The next years will be a matter of downloading them from my Lexar drive.
5. I have set the Halloween Fright Night Party for October 23rd at 5:00 to 6:30.
6. I will be attending a State Library of Iowa Town Hall program on new technology tools and the impact of technology on information consumption and interpretation; and discover how to use technology to evaluate library programs and services. The town hall is on September 26th in Storm Lake.
7. I will be going to a cousin’s wedding in Portland, Oregon the last weekend of this month. (Flying out on the 29th and getting back on October 2nd) I asked Sharlene – cleaning up at the lake; Kris is flying to Phoenix that week too; Carol Hicks said she could come in and check out books. So I would appreciate having the October meeting on the 11th instead of the 4th.
8. I have started on the State Survey Report due October 31st. I have some questions for Kris.
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 6 Adult Books: 2
Teen Books: Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: 0 Audio CDs:
DVDs/Blu-ray: 5 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 98
Teen Books: 5
Juvenile Books: 14
Children’s Books: 29
Digital Editions: 20
Circulation Total: 260
Petty Cash: $ 8.74 Copies: $7.40 Postage: $31.26
Bills: Jessica signed the bills.
Building – Lori
Budget – Karilyn
Personnel – Rob
Technology – Jessica
Goals/Long Range Planning – Denise
Amend By-Laws to reflect officer changes
Calendar of events for the next year
Probation Evaluation of Library Director
Quilt block updates - Think about project to be completed next summer. (painting figures)
Move next month's meeting to the 11th for Lori being gone on the 4th.
Next Meeting: October 4, 2017 at 6:00 PM