Farnhamville Public Library
Board of Trustee’s Meeting
April 1, 2015
Call to Order:
Roll Call: All present
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved minutes
Checking: $5,221.65 Enrich Iowa: $487.09
Money Market: $2,548.82 CD: $4506.09
Received $1000.00 from the City of Farnhamville.
· Kris weeded 7 children’s books, 22 juvenile books and 15 adult books.
· The county set the budget for 2015 – 2016. We were given a 5% increase! This amounts to about $720 more a year for our library.
· We had a Dr. Seuss Day on March 2. Two children and a mother attended. I was unable to get to school to hand out fliers for this. This shows advertising through the school really is beneficial.
· The April book sale will be April 20 – April 25. Kris will be putting books out for the sale on Saturday, April 18. If any board members could come help that would be much appreciated.
· Kris sent a thank you note out to Linda Case for her donation in her aunt’s memory (Jenny Ness).
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 2 Adult Books:
Teen Books: 1 Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: 8 Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 5 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: Audio CDs:
DVDs/Blu-ray: 10 DVDs/Blu-ray: 3
Circulation: Adult Books: 51
Teen Books: 1
Juvenile Books: 33
Children’s Books: 64
Audio CDs: 1
Digital Editions: 38
Circulation Total: 329
Petty Cash $7.92 Copy Money $10.70
Bills: Sherri signed the bills.
Building – Kris –
Budget – Karilyn –
Personnel – Sherri
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
· Web. Cal. Grant:
· Many of the grants are too specific and don’t fit us.
· Computer: Patron computer is NOT working. Should we go to Little Joe to fix or purchase a new computer? This computer is several years old and needs to be replaced? Motion for purchase of a new computer (under $1000 if possible) laptop or desktop whichever is cheapest. Jessica motioned and Karilyn second
Next Meeting: May 6, 2015 at 6:00 P.M.