Farnhamville Public Library
Board of Trustee's Meeting
February 5, 2014
Call to Order:
Roll Call: All Present
Read and approved minutes
Checking: $3,810.28 Enrich Iowa: $5.00
Money Market: $2,545.84 CD: $4506.09
· The annual book sale was held April 21-26. 250 books and 44 DVD’s were sold. The library made $64.50 during the book sale. Remaining books were given to a men’s shelter gift shop. Several people gave the library an extra donation for the books they bought. Carol Hicks told Kris about the “Beacon of Hope” in Fort Dodge.
· Plans for the Summer Reading Program are under way. The theme this year is Fizz, Boom, Read which has a science theme. This year’s program will start June 2, and continue through July 30. Special programs are planned for June 16th, 30th and July 14th. These programs will be between 4:00 and 5:00. These programs will include science activities about bubbles, pressure, and temperature. Kris will be visiting the elementary in May to talk about the Summer Library Program.
· Kris will be sending the contract for WILBOR agreement on Friday to the Iowa Library Services. This is the service that provides digital book checkout for our patrons. We will need to pay $333.39 by July 31.
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 12 Adult Books: 2
Teen Books: Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: 4 Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 3 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: Audio CDs: 2
DVDs/Blu-ray: 3 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 86
Teen Books: 3
Juvenile Books: 1
Children’s Books: 129
Audio CDs: 3
Digital Editions: 6
Circulation Total: 398
Petty Cash $5.77 Copy Money $20.50 /22 color and 75 b and w $2.00 Fax
Bills: Jessica signed the bills.
Building – Kris
Budget – Karilyn
Personnel – Cherri
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
· Bingo on August 9 – Old Settler’s Day – Library was asked to help with this game.
· Ersel Rushton no longer wants to be a substitute for the library. We will have to look for a new substitute librarian.
Next Meeting: June 11, 2014 at 6:00 P.M.