Board of Trustee’s Meeting
January 6, 2013
Call To Order:
Roll Call: Jason, Jessica, Cheryl, Karilyn, Lori and Kris were present
Read and Approved
Checking: $1,672.51 Enrich Iowa: $ 5.00
Money Market: $ 3,043.55 CD: $ 4,480.28
Library Use Report:
Adult: 5 Adult:
Children’s: 1 Children’s:
Teen: 1 Teen:
DVD/CD: 6 DVD/CD:
Adult Books: 113
Children’s Books: 82
Computer Time: 3
Digital Checkouts: 2
Circulation Total: 302
Bills: Jessica initialed bills. (Cheryl motion/Karilyn second)
- Kris is now a certified librarian. She has 9 credits toward a new certification. She needs 45 credits by 2015.
- Kris is taking PLOW classes to get our website up and going again. You can access the website by going to www.farnhamville.lib.ia.us.
- Kris has started writing articles for the Gowrie News about upcoming events in the library.
- We are in the middle of the Book Lovers program. Patrons can pick up a bookmark. Their name will be added to links of a hear chain. When February 15th comes, Kris will take the chain down, draw names and give prizes to three adults and three children. Kris’s goal was to have the chain stretch around the perimeter of the library. We are almost there! Winners will be posted online and in the newspaper with pictures if possible (permission needed).
- Kris has sent in the paperwork for the grant to add children’s furniture to the library. We will know in April if we have received the grant.
- Kris will have the paperwork filled out and filed to get our Tier status back to a Tier 1 by the end of February.
- New programs for Dr. Seuss Day and Easter/Spring are in the works. The programs are in the Gowrie News and on the Farnhamville sign.
- Circulation is much improved this month.
Motion was made to approve of the budget: (Cheryl/Karilyn
Goals / Long Range Planning: Lori
- Review of board policies:
Collection: (Lori / Jessica)
Circulation: (Lori /Jessica)
Internet: (Karilyn / Cheryl)
Personnel: (Karilyn / Jessica) These will be combined as restated in the Policy.
Gifts: (Karilyn/ Jessica)
Meeting Room Use: (Karilyn / Jessica) as /when City Council approval given.
- Amend By-Laws to change the annual evaluation (Meetings 2-C) to Personal Procedures – Evaluation shall occur in January. (Cheryl/Karilyn)
Next Meeting Date: February 6, 2013 at 6:00 PM