Farnhamville Public Library
Board of Trustee’s Meeting
February 4, 2012
Call To Order:
Roll Call: All present
Read and Approved
Checking: $5,009.68 Enrich Iowa: $ 85.63
Money Market: $ 3,479.84 CD: $ 4480.28
Library Use Report:
Adult: 3 Adult: 9
Children’s: 8 Children’s:
DVD/CD: 3 DVD/CD:
Adult Books: 115
Children’s Books: 14
Computer Time: 9
Circulation Total: 189
Bills: Cheryl initialed bills. (Lori - motion/Jessica second)
- DVD's are being copied. Jason said we can discourage it from happening. It is a federal problem.
- The February report for Enrich Iowa money is due on the 28th.
- Gowrie News was being sold in the library and the bank. Due to lack of sales, the newspapers were removed.
- The biography section and non-fiction section were weeded and we're ready to move the DVD's to the other shelves. The weeding will continue in the fiction section of the library. If we find a memorial book, we'll give it to the family.
- Kris and Lori went to Early, Iowa for a WILBOR information meeting held by Bonnie. It was very informative about the system and benefits for rural libraries. We need to sign the intent to purchase papers by the end of March. The system will be up and running by the end of May. Many patrons have been asking for the system. It is very similar to the Amazon purchasing system.
- We applied for the Calhoun County Foundation grant to receive half of the money needed for the WILBOR system. We will find out If we get the grant in April.
- Kris is planning on having the book sale sometime in April. We are still receiving contributions from our patrons.
- Kris had a "Book Lovers" program that ended Feb. 13th. Nineteen people showed up for cookies, coffee, and prizes.
- Jenny Ness's niece gave the library a $100.00 donation in her name.
Goals / Long Range Planning: Lori
- Book Drop: Jason will ask Frank Morgan or some other person with carpentry skills about making a wooden frame for the opening. Kris mentioned that Paul might be ale to build something too..
- Shoveling - Jason, Karilyn and Paul Fields have shoveled snow this winter. Who else is available in town to shovel?
- The Library Trustees would like to thank Kris for her donation of time and energy in running the library this fall.
- We would also like to thank Ersel and Carol for their time in keeping the library open.
- WILBOR - Discussion on costs ($950+) for joining initially and ($450.00+) each year for fees. (Cheryl - motion, Karilyn - second) Motion to sign the intent to purchase agreement due in March. The Calhoun County Foundation Grant would help pay for $500.00 of the initial amount.
Next Meeting Date: March 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM