Board of Trustee’s Meeting
August 1, 2012
Call To Order:
Roll Call: All present
Read and Approved
Checking: $3,258.81 Enrich Iowa: $ 5.00
Money Market: $ 5,484.43 CD: $ 4480.28
Library Use Report: (June)
Adult: 7 Adult: 3
Children’s: 8 Children’s:
DVD/CD: 10 DVD/CD:
11 children's books deleted.
Adult Books: 127
Children’s Books: 102
Audio CD: 2
Computer Time: 2
Circulation Total: 302
Library Use Report: (July)
Adult: 8 Adult: 1
Children’s: 14 Children’s: 4
DVD/CD: 8 DVD/CD:
4 adult books and 65 audio cassettes deleted.
Adult Books: 122
Children’s Books: 98
Computer Time: 12
Circulation Total: 308
Bills: Cheryl initialed bills.
- We had 5 people show up for training of WILBOR program. Several people have started downloading onto digital devices. Kris will start to include this in the use report next month.
- We have 19 children ranging from 3 - 13 involved in the summer reading program. 4 children have come to the two Saturday programs Kris had planned. One more of these is planned for August 11th. Several children have made their goals and will receive their prizes next week. Prizes are a Fort Dodge Theater free pass and a $10 gift card from ITunes.
- Kris deleted the audio cassette books from the library catalog. Not one of these has been checked out since Kris came on as director. Occasional checkouts of digital audio books continue to occur. Since digital audio books are available for check-out from WILBOR, Kris has not ordered any. Kris will check and see if the audio cassettes can be donated to the Braille Society.
- According to Little Joe of Little Joe's Computer, a new tower that meets our needs would cost about $800.00. Due to the age of the computer's mother board and the low end value of the other components and the humming noise it is making right now - our computer might last two more years. He would build a high quality computer tower and fit our needs for that price. Kris has called twice already and finally backed up the system (first time in 18 months).
- The representative from Office Max says we can get a 20%discount on a new desk setup from Office Max.
- Kris has received confirmation of her credits from the first Library Management class. She is registered for the second class starting September 5th.
Goals / Long Range Planning: Lori
- Book Drop: Paul Fields will see what he can do.
- New Circulation desk - still holding.
- New computer Motioned to get bids and act on it next month (Karilyn and Lori).
- Circulation is great. It justifies opening another day each week. The first Friday in September will begin out new open day.
- Newsletter - Karilyn is making a new newsletter for Farnhamville. We'll include our library newsletter on the back side each month.
Next Meeting Date: September 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM