Farnhamville Public Library
Board of Trustee's Meeting
November 2, 2011
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Cheryl, Karilyn, Kristen, and Lori were present.
Read and Approved
Checking: $4,928.84 Enrich Iowa: $435.61
Money Market: $3,475.59 CD: $4,471.27
- The mobile Rotary Magazine Display was ordered on October 26, 2011.
- The October book nook was published and it had the Patron in the Spotlight added.
- Book Sale will be planned for April 2012.
- The Library will be closed on December 24th and 31st.
- Kris weeded 9 books this week.
Library Use Report:
Adult: Adult: 1
Children's: 18 Children's:
Audio CD: Audio CD:
DVD: 5 DVD:
Circulation total: 256
Bills: Cheryl initialed the bills.
Ersel worked 22 1/2 hours.
Lori worked 9 hours.
Carol worked 6 hours.
Kristin worked 15 hours.
- The printer by the desk needs to be replaced. Jessica motion/Cheryl second - passed.
Goals/Long Range Planning: Lori
- Due to Tier funding changes the library will review their policies to determine updates and revisions.
- Book Drop - Still not done.
- CD cases for the library. We will wait until we see if we can free up some shelving space through weeding.
- Plug-in was installed : We have a fire hazard behind the computer and printer. There are too many cords running along the floor. We need to have a plug installed under the other window especially because of the electronic sign usage. We should have more electrical outlets installed as well at other locations around the desk and walls.
- Lori will email Bonnie about WILBOR (electronic downloading of books).
- Open House/Goodbye to Sharon on December 17th. Put into the newsletter that we will be open 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. Kristin will call and invite Sharon. We will order Christmas cookies, cider, and coffee. We will get a gift card from the quilt shop for Sharon ($50.00), Carol and Ersel ($20.00) from Tony's.
- Lori will invite Ersel and Carol to the Christmas Party meeting on December 7th at Mineral City.
Next meeting date: December 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM