Read how this library was established and how it has evolved to become such an important part of our community.
The Farnhamville Public Library was established by the Farnhamville Women's Study Club in 1927. Members of the club became the first library board and took turns as librarian.
In 1939 the Farnhamville Public Library was transferred to the jurisdiction of the town of Farnhamville. However, the Farnhamville Women's Study Club remained actively involved in the library's board.
The Farnhamville Public Library has been housed in many different locations in town. The first was the Ambrose Burdick house on Main Street. Second was a former doctor's office in the Crissinger Building in 1942. In 1949, the library was moved to the town building west of the feed mill. A leaking roof that destroyed many books requied a temporary move on the west side of Garfield in the 1980's In 1989 the library moved to its present location on the east side of Garfield. The present site was the former Security Savings Bank building.