Farnhamville Public Library
September 7, 2016
Board of Trustee's Meeting
Call to Order:
There was no August meeting.
Roll Call: Cheryl, Jessica, Sherri, Lori, Karilyn, and Kris
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved (Sherri and Jessica)
Checking: $ 13,972.97 Enrich Iowa: $5.00
Money Market and CD accounts have been placed in the checking account.
• Old Settler's Day Bingo earned $111.32 for the library. We will need more bingo cards for next year.
• Clint Van Kley brought in Farnhamville perpetual calendars to offer to patrons in return for a free will donation to the library. So far we have received $20.00 which Kris put into petty cash to be used tor ILL books we request and send out.
• Kris weeded 32 Children's books this month.
• We received a thank-you note from the Farnhamville Betterment Club for putting on the bingo at Old Settler's Day.
• Flu shots have been set for September 26th from 1:30 - 2:30 and on October 14th from 3:30 - 4:30.
• The new edition of the Public Library Standards has been published. We will need to review this after Kris has looked through it carefully. Some policies may need rewriting. One policy that will affect us greatly is that ALL board members must participate in board development training each year to maintain Tier 1 status. One way to do this is watch a State Library webinar (typically one hour) during a board meeting. Two different kinds of training are required to meet the standard and 3-5 hours per year are required.
Kris has meetings coming up about the new standards. Renewal is by 2020.
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 11 Adult Books: 3
Teen Books: Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: 5 Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 3 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: Audio CDs:
DVDs/Blu-ray: 7 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 72
Teen Books: 3
Juvenile Books: 14
Children’s Books: 33
Digital Editions: 13
Circulation Total: 216
Petty Cash $24.87 Copy Money $0.80
Bills: Karilyn signed the bills.
Building – Kris – Dehumidifier needs to be purchased to help with the musty smell in the library. We can go to the city council meeting and request that they help purchase (50%)
Budget – Karilyn –
Personnel – Cherri
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
• Director evaluation was completed using form Sherri found in her library notebook.
• ILL postage costs are about $2.00 per book. The state will have a one time per year reimbursement. If our patrons want to order ILL books we need to be able to send books out.
• Have a Good Neighbor Day Coffee this fall. - Discussed
• Treasurer's Report - we will have to hold to the budgeted amount each month.
• Sherri handed in her resignation. It was taken to the city council meeting. We need to find a new rural trustee for the Library Board.
Next Meeting: October 5, 2016 at 6:00 P.M.