Farnhamville Public Library
May 4, 2016
Board of Trustee's Meeting
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Sherri, Jessica, and Kristin were present
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved minutes
Checking: $ 3,582.78 Enrich Iowa: $5.00
Money Market: $4,553.60 CD: $4,535.46
• The book sale was held from April 23rd to April 28th. We sold 181 books and made $43.45. Many people donated extra money to the library. I think we will not have another book sale for two years to drum up more interest.
• The summer library program is planned for this summer. Kris opened the program up to teens and adults as well as children. Prizes for reached goals will be handed out. A grand prize for each age group will be awarded. The children's program will include special activities on June 13, June 27, and July 8th. All programs will be held from 5:00 to 6:30.
• Kris renewed our digital book contract (Bridges) with Iowa Library Services. The price of $333.39 for 7/1/16 to 6/31/17 is the same as previously paid. We will pay for this by July 31st.
• Kris renewed our Junior Library Guild contract that supplies one book a month that she can choose from a selection for teens and juveniles. That will be paid in August. It is for $192 for a year which breaks down to $16 a month, which is a good price for hardbound books. This contract will go until next April.
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 20 Adult Books:
Teen Books: 1 Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 10 Children’s Books: 2
Audio CDs: Audio CDs: 3
DVDs/Blu-ray: 3 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 63
Teen Books: 2
Juvenile Books: 21
Children’s Books: 31
Digital Editions: 46
Circulation Total: 245
Petty Cash $15.86 Copy Money $5.80
Bills: Lori signed the bills.
Building – Kris –
Budget – Karilyn –
Personnel – Cherri
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
• Librarian's Evaluation- tabled until evaluation form found.
• Shelving for the movie case - Kris added two shelves to it.
• The city of Farnhamville wants to take over the budget and merge accounts but the library money would stay with the library.
• Farny days on Aug 13th.
Next Meeting: June 1, 2016 at 6:00 P.M.