Farnhamville Public Library
April 6, 2016
Board of Trustee's Meeting
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Cheryl, Sherri, Jessica, Lori, and Kristin were present
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved minutes
Checking: $ Enrich Iowa: $5.00
New county check here and town check of $1000.00 deposited.
Money Market: $4,552.81 CD: $5,006.09
• An adult pen and pencil workshop was held in the library during March. This group was led by Marge Wooters. They met 3 Saturdays in March. A total of 27 participated in this class during this time. The women remarked how they liked the large table to work on and the good lighting. I extended a welcome to the group to come any Saturday morning to work on their art.
• Dr. Seuss Day was held March 7th. Seventeen children wore Dr. Seuss hats, listened to Fox on Sox, made the Lorax with paper plates and tissue paper, played Dr. Seuss games, and made a snack looking like the hat from The Cat in the Hat. These were made from Oreos, frosting, and gummy life savers. A drawing was held for a Dr. Seuss Day book bag. Children checked out books and chose a Dr. Seuss bookmark.
• Information came from the county supervisors that there will be no increase in the county checks in the coming year - 2016-2017.
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 14 Adult Books: 2
Teen Books: 2 Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: 10 Juvenile Books: 1
Children’s Books: 5 Children’s Books: 1
Audio CDs: Audio CDs: 3
DVDs/Blu-ray: 16 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 99
Juvenile Books: 16
Children’s Books: 77
Digital Editions: 26
Circulation Total: 307
Petty Cash $21.16 Copy Money $8.90
Bills: Jessica signed the bills.
Building – Kris –
Budget – Karilyn –
Personnel – Cherri
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
• The free laptop isn't working - it won't turn on.
• New lights are installed. LED grant from the city. The library lights were the last city building to have them replaced.
Next Meeting: May 4, 2016 at 6:00 P.M.