Farnhamville Public Library
March 8, 2017
Board of Trustee's Meeting
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Cheryl, Rob, Lori, and Kris
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved
Checking: $ 17, Enrich Iowa: $5.00
• Kris has come to a difficult decision. She plans to retire from the Farnhamville Public Library as of April 29, 2017. Owing to the change in her mother's health and the fact that this has caused problems in scheduling events for the library, she feels it is important that someone take over this job that can give it all the attention it needs. Kris also needs more time for her own life owing to taking on new responsibilities with her mother. She's not going to disappear from the library, and will support the many activities that the library plans and carries out in the future. Kris appreciates the wonderful support from the city of Farnhamville and the Library Board.
Need to discuss -Interlibrary Loan/Book Club use with the new librarian.
• The Board of Supervisors granted a 1% raise in the funds to go to the Calhoun County libraries. Comments were made by one of the Board members that Farnhamville and Somers should be raising a levy in their own towns to help support their own libraries more. This is from the article in the Lake City Graphic.
• The library has received its Enriched Iowa money for this fiscal year. The check was for $429.80. It should be spent by the end of June.
• Kris weeded 4 adult books this month.
• Kris will be gone from March 11 to March 21. She will be in Arizona. Sharlene Vote will be substituting for her.
• We have had significant issues with our printer. Color was leaking onto copies being made and color was leaking onto the desk as well. Kris was able to replace the printer with another one just like it from Little Joe's for $50.00. However, he had to make a stop here to get the computers and the printer communication with each other. This will cost another$75. (A discount on $25 on Little Joe's part.)
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 18 Adult Books:
Teen Books: 2 Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: 6 Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 3 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: 19 Audio CDs:
DVDs/Blu-ray: 3 DVDs/Blu-ray: 3
Adult Books: 85
Juvenile Books: 24
Children’s Books: 43
Audio CDs: 3
Digital Editions: 30
Circulation Total: 244
Petty Cash: $ 5.41 Copies: $
Bills: Lori signed the bills.
Building – Kris -
Budget – Karilyn – need to be watching the budget amounts
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
• Ideas for Adult classes in the library: Painting (Lutheran Church); Master Gardener; Bird Houses/Butterfly Houses; and Bike safety - Jason McKenney - Put something about it in the May newsletter
Next Meeting: April 5, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.