Farnhamville Public Library
June 7, 2017
Board of Trustee's Meeting
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Cheryl, Rob, Karilyn, Jessica, and Lori
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved (Jessica/Robb)
Checking: $ 13,752.28 - ($4553.95/MM+ $4535.46/CD) = $4662.87
Enrich Iowa: $429.80
· Lori started the month out cataloging new books and formatting them for the library shelves. Kris started me out like Sharon had started her. Putting on book jackets and processing labels will take some practice.
· Lori signed the library up for the new SILO program. Kris says the process of requesting books is the same. The management/bookkeeping process will all be online. The monthly reports will make keeping track of processed books much easier. The program does it all online.
· Roger Kopecky took the shredder and fixed it so it works now.
· Lori asked Paul Kail and Dave Jensen to be trustees. Both declined.
· Lori called Bonnie at the regional office. She discussed the new accounting system with me. She came on May 24th to give me the official orientation program and information.
· Lori signed up for the first Library Management class. It starts June 13th in Grimes. I need to attend there for the first class. The other classes can be done online at the library.
· Emily and I had an interesting process of getting a new credit card for the library in my name. It finally came June 7th. I used the city’s credit card to order the May books and start the Summer Reading Program book list.
· Lori visited the PV Elementary on May 23rd to let the students know about the Summer Reading Program. I plan on having the story hour at 4:00 on Monday and Wednesday of each week and some kind of ”building” activity each week as well. We will start on June 12th and go until August 7th
· Lori weeded 8 adult books and 16 children’s books. The discarded books can be found on the shelf by my desk. Patrons may look and take them home.
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 9 Adult Books: 5
Teen Books: 1 Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: 14 Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 1 Children’s Books: 3
Audio CDs: 0 Audio CDs: 1
DVDs/Blu-ray: 1 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 67
Juvenile Books: 7
Children’s Books: 11
Audio CDs: 3
Digital Editions: 31
Circulation Total: 235
Petty Cash: $ 16.18 Copies: $7.80 Postage: $5.94
Bills: Karilyn signed the bills.
Building – Rob –
Budget – Karilyn –
Personnel – Cheryl
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
· Bird House Craft – Karilyn will find patterns and wood cutters
· Bicycle Safety Course – Lori will call Jason – Calhoun County Health
· Newsletter – ask for paper products for the library.
· Update the web site and begin a Facebook page for the library
· Search for a new Trustee board member (Angie Jepsen or Denise Thomas)
· New Officers –
Vice President: Jessica
Next Meeting: July 12, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.