Farnhamville Public Library
February 1, 2017
Board of Trustee's Meeting
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Cheryl, Rob, Karilyn, and Kris
Secretary’s Report: Read and approved
Checking: $ 14,914.68 Enrich Iowa: $5.00
• The Calhoun County Library Association met with the Board of Supervisors to discuss what we have been doing in our libraries over the last year. We asked for a 3% raise. We did not receive a raise last year. Two new supervisors asked several questions of each library. The returning supervisor gave the same speech last year about lost revenue in the county and others also asking for money. The biggest blow to libraries was the loss of county supervisor, Gary Nicholson, who retired. He was a great champion of libraries.
• A meeting has been set for March 2nd to meet with our District Rep., Bonnie McKewon, Library Directors and their boards. This meeting would count toward fulfilling our requirements for renewing our library's tier status. The meeting is tentatively scheduled for 5:30 - 7:00. We need to have everyone who can, go with Kris. This meeting is actually geared toward trustees, not library directors. The meeting is scheduled to be held in the Lake City Library. Kris will call all of the trustees closer to the date.
• Kris weeded 33 adult books this month.
• We have been having trouble with Bridges, our digital book service, since they did a major update to the website in December. Kris found out from our District office, the problem was due to incompatibility between Bridges and our internet connection. The problem is now solved and we should see our Bridges number go back up to between 40 - 60 per month,
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 9 Adult Books: 3
Teen Books: Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: 4 Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 4 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: Audio CDs:
DVDs/Blu-ray: 1 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 71
Juvenile Books: 15
Children’s Books: 35
Digital Editions: 12
Circulation Total: 191
Petty Cash: $ 1.63 Copies: $16.20
Bills: Karilyn signed the bills.
Building – Kris -
Budget – Karilyn – need to be watching the budget amounts
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
• Ideas for Adult classes in the library: Painting (Lutheran Church); Master Gardener; Bird Houses/Butterfly Houses; and Bike safety - Jason McKenney
Next Meeting: March 8, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.