Farnhamville Public Library
Board of Trustee's Meeting
September 10, 2014
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Kris, Cheryl, Sherri and Lori
Read and approved minutes
Checking: $2,523.41 Enrich Iowa: $5.00
Money Market: $2,547.20 CD: $4506.09
· Kris attended one of the lunches put on by Trinity Lutheran Church to thank them for the donation they made to the library in June.
· Kris weeded 15 adult or children’s movies from our collection. She weeded 21 audio CDs from the collection also.
· On Old Settler’s Day Karilyn, Lori, and Kris ran the bingo games. We sold cards for $0.25 apiece. We gave library pens and money away to the winner of each game. Most people wanted the pen more than the money. We ran out of cards for some games, since so many people were playing. We would like to run this again and see if someone could buy new bingo cards.. The Betterment Club had a 14-day gambling license for this year. Barb says they will get one next year if there is an Old Settler’s Day.
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 14 Adult Books:
Teen Books: 2 Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: 3 Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 4 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: 1 Audio CDs:
Adult Books: 65
Teen Books: 8
Juvenile Books: 36
Children’s Books: 96
Audio CDs: 6
Digital Editions: 9
Circulation Total: 353
Petty Cash $20.82 Copy Money $33.10
Bills: Sherri signed the bills.
Building – Kris There is a distinct mustiness in the building. Kris would like to purchase a dehumidifier.
Budget – Karilyn
Personnel – Cherri
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
· Should we have Bingo games throughout the year for the community? Where? More or new cards?
· No substitute for the 20th .
· Dehumidifier – Motioned for Kris to check into and purchase one if the cost is between $100 - $150 (Jessica motioned / Sherri second) approved.
Next Meeting: October 1, 2014 at 6:00 P.M.