Farnhamville Public Library
Board of Trustee's Meeting
June 4, 2014
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Kris, Cheryl , Karilyn, Sherri and Lori
Read and approved minutes
Checking: $2,705.49 Enrich Iowa: $5.00
Money Market: $2,545.84 CD: $4506.09
· The Library received a donation from Holy Trinity Lutheran Church for the amount of $184.10. Kris plans to visit later this month during one of their meals and thank them.
· Kris visited the Prairie Valley Elementary School on May 20th, to talk about the summer program. She talked to each class from Pre-school to 6th grade. The children seemed excited about the program.
· Kris put an article in the Gowrie News about the summer library program. However, a picture was to be included and they did not put that in. I’m sure there is a disappointed little boy.
· 24 and one more is coming children have signed up for the summer library program so far. Two program days are planned for June 16th and 30th of this month
· Bret from WEBCAL came and worked with our fax machine to get it working again. It kept getting a busy signal to send materials to Iowa Library Services so he finally reprogrammed the fax machine.
Library Use Report:
Adult Books: 12 Adult Books: 1
Teen Books: 6 Teen Books:
Juvenile Books: Juvenile Books:
Children’s Books: 4 Children’s Books:
Audio CDs: 2 Audio CDs:
DVDs/Blu-ray: 14 DVDs/Blu-ray:
Adult Books: 67
Teen Books: 2
Juvenile Books: 7
Children’s Books: 111
Audio CDs: 4
Digital Editions: 21
Circulation Total: 341
Petty Cash $19.07 Copy Money $40.00
Bills: Sherri signed the bills.
Building – Kris Kris is hearing pieces of ceiling falling down above the dropped ceiling tiles.
Budget – Karilyn
Personnel – Cherri
Technology – Jessica
Goals/LongRange Planning – Lori
· Substitute for the library: Mrs. Donna Brand is interested in becoming a substitute. Carol Hicks no longer wants to be a substitute librarian for the library. Shawna Backmann will help with the substitute position too.
· Old Settler’s Day: We will hand out pens (50 red and blue have been purchased for $130.00) We will run the Bingo game for an hour. Any money we make will be ours to keep.
Next Meeting: August 6, 2014 at 6:00 P.M.
We will be meeting at Old Boston in Fort Dodge.
Inviting Ersel and Carol for thank you for their service.