Farnhamville Public Library
Board of Trustee's Meeting
February 3, 2010
Call to Order:
Roll Call: Sharon Vogel, Cheryl Pearson, Karilyn Schleisman, Jason McKenney, Jessica Lane and Lori Miller
Read and Approved
Checking: $3,603.66 Enrich Iowa: $527.28
Money Market: $6,439.00 CD: $4,429.15
- The Library was closed 2 1/2 days this month because of snow storms.
- There were problems with electrical surges over Christmas. The city has asked Mr. Roper to look into the problem.
- No one was at the Supervisor's meeting. We don't know if we have a budget increase for the next yeat.
Library Use Report:
Adult: 3 Adult:
Children's: Children's: 2
Audio CD: Audio CD:
DVD: 2 DVD:
Circulation total: 237
Bills: Karilyn initialed the bills.
Ersel worked 4 1/2 hours this month.
Goals/Long Range Planning: Lori
- Painting - Andy has the color selected at the lumber store (Dusty Trail). It is a semi gloss paint. We will have him paint over the stenciled books.
- Carpeting - Cheryl found a sample of industrial carpeting tiles for the library. It will cost more. Replacement of damaged carpet tiles will be very easy to do. We have about 900 square feet of library. Installation of the carpet will cost $700, taking up the old carpet will cost $200, and it will cost between $2,000 to $3,000 for the library. there was a motion made by Lori and seconded by Karilyn to purchase the carpet tiles. The motion passed unanimously.
- Finishing the Book Drop - There is dirt coming in with the wall each time someone uses the book drop. Jason will ask around for someone to build something there.
- Sharon has noticed an increase in dust drifting through the ceiling tiles, especially when the wind is blowing. We will probably be facing the possibility of more ceiling tiles breaking in the future.
Next meeting date: March 3, 2010 at 6:00 PM