Board of Trustee’s Meeting
September 4, 2012
Call To Order:
Roll Call: Jessica, Cheryl, Karilyn, Lori and Kris were present
Read and Approved
Checking: $1,685.66 Enrich Iowa: $ 5.00
Money Market: $5,486.79 CD: $ 4480.28
Library Use Report:
Adult: 26 Adult: 34
Children’s: 18 Children’s:
DVD/CD: 10 DVD/CD: 1
Adult Books: 9
Children’s Books: 104
Computer Time: 7
Three information questions
Circulation Total: 309
Bills: Jessica initialed bills.
- We are winding down our children's summer reading program. 7 children out of 19 have completed the program and received their grand prize of a free movie pass or iTunes card.
- We have received our new desk and bookshelves. A new chair and mat will arrive soon. In the short time Kris has been using them; they seem to be very functional and attractive. There is more room to maneuver.
- Kris has asked Little Joe's computer for an estimate on a new tower and installation of software.
- Paul Fields has temporarily fixed the book drop. This fix keeps the plaster from raining down on the books and floor. He says a hammer and chisel should be used to take out more of the inside overhang. I have asked him to add a slanted piece to the book drop as will, to help books slide down to the floor. These will be addressed in the near future. The small table is now located near the handicapped door.
- Kris plans on going to the Prairie Valley Elementary this month to promote upcoming events in October. These events are planned for October 15 and 29. One will be a night to learn about bats and another night to listen to Halloween stories and treats for both nights will be offered.
Goals / Long Range Planning: Lori
- Book Drop: Paul Fields will continue to work on it after harvest.
- New computer: Tabled until we receive a bid from Little Joe's computer.
- Reviving Book Buddies: Karilyn would like us to make a sigh up sheet to get an updated list of Buddies.
- Fall Open House: November 10th - With a Fall Harvest theme. The information should go out in the Newsletter.
- Post Office Services: Kris was asked if she was interested in selling stamps during the time the library is open after the post office starts reduced hours. It would require her to get their certification. We voted NO
Next Meeting Date: October 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM