Board of Trustee’s Meeting
October 3, 2012
Call To Order:
Roll Call: Jason, Cheryl, Karilyn, Lori and Kris were present
Read and Approved
Checking: $3,983.41 Enrich Iowa: $ 5.00
Money Market: $ 4,487.78 CD: $ 4480.28
Library Use Report:
Adult: 18 Adult: 8
Children’s: 15 Children’s: 23
DVD/CD: 13 DVD/CD:
Adult Books: 120
Children’s Books: 60
Computer Time: 8
Three information questions
Circulation Total: 339
Bills: Cheryl initialed bills.
Ersel Rushton worked 13 hours.
- The additional Friday hours has met with positive comments. Lots of DVD’s have been checked out on Fridays.
- We will need to purchase a printer to go with our new tower when we get it. He has a color printer in the $350 range we can buy that is far less expensive to use for color due to the size of its cartridges and their price. We do not own an Office 2007. He says the new tower will not support Office 97. To install Office 2010 will cost approximately $200. Now the total will be $1164.
- Kris visited the Elementary on September 28th to talk about the Halloween activities planned at the library. We have a coloring contest, Going Batty Program, and a Fright Night program. Can Ersel come and help with the Going Batty Program? Kris asked for volunteers to help with the Fright Night games and reading scary stories activities.
- Kris is almost finished with the annual report for 2011 – 2012.
Goals / Long Range Planning: Lori
- Book Drop:
- New Business: Purchased the computer. There was a motion by Lori and seconded by Cheryl to purchase the tower, printer, Office 2010. The motion passed.
- Halloween Activities
- November Open House: Have the Open House on November 10th from 10:00 to 12:00. We will give away a turkey and ham. We will have cookies, hot cider, coffee, punch/juice boxes.
- Reviving Book Buddies: Kris will start a new sign up list.
- Calhoun County Library Association meeting: Kris went to the October meeting in Rockwell City. Many directors asked about being asked to take over the Post Office Duties.
- Iowa Library Loan changes: We have search items to add and can get $3.00 back in postage.
Next Meeting Date: November 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM